Fuel Injector Retrofit Project

Description of your first forum.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Fuel Injector Retrofit Project

Post by admin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:28 pm

I noticed in the output waveform of the sensor that the amplitude is varying around the rotation and there is timing jitter between teeth. The amplitude variations are caused by slight placement differences in the line around the circumference of the wheel. Some holes are not centered under the sensor. I think I can fix those by elongating the hole into a slot to insure the the entire sensor is exposed to the slot.. The timing variations are going to be a bit harder to do but I think I can do it by varying the width of the slots that are misplaced. I ordered a milling table to make this a little more precise than me eyeballing it and clamping it down on the drill press. I'm not a machinist but I am learning just how disciplined it needs to be.

ON ORDER Milling table and a spin index jig. I should be able to get it right with these tools.
Attachments
20181202_091304.jpg
20181202_091304.jpg (3.09 MiB) Viewed 586 times
collet set.JPG
collet set.JPG (41.58 KiB) Viewed 586 times
Mill table.JPG
Mill table.JPG (28.7 KiB) Viewed 586 times
spinindexer.JPG
spinindexer.JPG (62.34 KiB) Viewed 586 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:12 am

Just un-boxed my new index spin jig. Found a bolt and collet that fits the rotor drum. This should be a lot more accurate than last time.

Need to devise a clamping between the milling table and the base of the drill press so that there is no chance of anything moving.

Tomorrow the goal will be to to mill the holes in the rotor into slots that are wider than the active part of the VR sensor. That should result in all pulses being the same amplitude.

The next step will be to widen the slots to equalize the spacing between them. This should remove the timing jitter between pulses.

Tomorrow will be busy but fun.
Attachments
j2.JPG
j2.JPG (150.59 KiB) Viewed 480 times
j1.JPG
j1.JPG (109.21 KiB) Viewed 480 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:11 am